Once in a Blu Moon

Sunday, November 07, 2004

My Life Turned Upside Down

This past Thursday my girlfriend of 14 months and I decided to call it quits. It is a very difficult time because we moved in together 3 months ago and she is literally packing her things as I type this entry. We are on speaking terms because we both decided it was the best thing to do going forward, but it still feels very wierd. I have decided to stay in this apartment because I can afford to do so on my own and she would not be able to on her salary. I am helping her out by giving her some $$ to get into a new place because I still care for her and I want to see her have a good life. Is that strange? I don't know - it's fucked up all around.

I haven't played much poker since Thursday but I did manage to win a $200+15 entry into today's 250K Sun Tourney on PartyPoker. I won a $24+2 single table satelite to get the entry. The tourney starts at 0630p est so if its 1100p and I'm still in it, drop by and say hey.

Needless to say, without a girlfriend, there is a chance I will be playing an obscene amount of poker in the next coming weeks. More posts to come.

L8r...

Blu

6 Comments:

  • Better now than when married and with Kids! I think it takes alot to break up after that long. Glad to hear you are still friends. See ya at the tables!

    By Blogger SirFWALGMan, at 11:18 PM  

  • You're my boy Blu!! O.K. I've been wanting to say that and to someone named Blu. I know these times are hard, crazy, and rough on the heart. Too bad nothing I say will lessen the wound which will become a scar. Take some time and get out of town for a weekend and just go chill in some obscure hotel and read some books and poker books. You are doing the right thing by helping out your friend...been through too much to turn your back on her now. Best of luck and continue to flop the nutzzz.

    By Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa, at 1:50 PM  

  • [Mike's girlfriend has just left him over his broken promise not to play poker]
    Worm : You know what always cheers me up?
    Mike McDermott : No, what's that?
    Worm : Rolled up aces over kings. Check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them. Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Taj, "where the sand turns to gold." Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over.
    Mike McDermott : Fuck it, let's go.
    Worm : Don't tease me.
    Mike McDermott : Let's play some cards.
    Worm : Yes!

    By Blogger Heafy, at 7:36 PM  

  • Amen

    By Blogger Blu, at 11:22 AM  

  • I really wanted to find the quote from Rounders, but it looks like somebody got to it before me. Hang in there honey, it could be worse. "Decided to call it quits" is better than "had her older brother break six of my ribs" or something. :-)

    By Blogger Amanda Rodewald, at 1:54 AM  

  • Dude... Vegas Dec 11th.

    By Blogger Pauly, at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home