Once in a Blu Moon

Monday, October 18, 2004

A Man and his Toys

I had to call for reinforcements and I just got the email telling me my new computer is on its way! Its not top tier but its close and sure beats the hell out of my 3 year old 1.4 Pentium IV I play off of now. Check it out:

Dell Dimension 8400 Series, Intel Pentium 4 Processor 530 (3.0GHz) w/HT Technology and 1MB cache
1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
19 in (18.0 Viewable) M993 Monitor
128MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE
160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
16X DVD-ROM and 16X DVD+RW
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition,Service Pack 2
Intel Pro 1000 Integrated PCI NIC Card
Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit ADVANCED HD Audio,100dB/Dolby Digital/96KHz/7.1

All w/ shipping for $1300 - I'll have it by Friday -


3 Comments:

  • Perfect for on-line poker, e-mail, oh and the state-of-the-art computer games :) Nice system.

    By Blogger PokerProf, at 10:03 AM  

  • Nice machine! One suggestion: see if someone you know has an XP Pro upgrade. Home edition is a pain!

    By Blogger SirFWALGMan, at 11:19 AM  

  • A belated congrats on the big win! I suggest you stay away from the 5-10s full, as these are the worst games on Party. If you want to play the full games, I'd multitable 3-6 or jump up to 15-30. Alternatively, you can play the 5-10 shorts. These shorthanded games dramatically improve your post flop play, and there are plenty of fish to fry. Beware huge variance, but with your newfound bankroll, you should be a force to be reckoned with.

    By Blogger hdouble, at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home