Once in a Blu Moon

Friday, September 17, 2004

TGIF

TGIF!

I was listening to Howard Stern this morning and he was talking to Nikki Ziering. She was one of the hot strippers in American Wedding and I guess a former Playboy playmate. She was married to Ian Ziering of 90210 fame for 5 years! My god, I looked up pics when I got to work this morning and they really didn't look right together. The thing that got me on the interview though was that she didn't want to talk about anything sexual or who she had dated recently with Howard. Ok Nikki, you're a former playmate, you're only in movies because you get naked, and you're on the Howard stern show. The phone is ringing for you, Nikki, the clue phone. Better get it quick.

I'm really loving the sub-qualifiers on Party Poker. They are cheap and easy to beat. For example, I played in a $6+1 Friday Special Sub Qualifier where (out of the 10 peeps) top 2 get $24+2 single table qualifier entries and 3rd place gets $8. I was heads up within 40 minutes and got my entry. The action is fast and furious from the get go, so at least it's fun if you don't place.

I had some fun .50/1 Limit Holdem hands last night as well. The bad - A guy beats my trip 10's when he hits his straight on the river with J8o on a board of 6 10 3 7 9. The funny - I limp in on the button with 65s (spades) - 7 callers total. Flop comes Q 9 6 (1 spade). A guy with only $4 left states after the flop he has AA and is finally going to win a hand. I decide to call the flop bet because I figure to keep betting if a 6,5 or spade hits the turn. A beautiful 5 of hearts hits the turn and now I have 2 pair. I check raise the turn and the guy ends up having Aces and I take the pot! I thought he was lying about his hand since he only had a couple bucks left and I figured he was just tilting them off. Why would you say what you have after the flop?? I had never seen that before - what an idiot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home