Once in a Blu Moon

Friday, September 03, 2004

Getting through the rough nights

I've played enough to know there will be down nights. No matter what you do, you're not going to the flops you want, bad beats a plenty, and it all seems to happen at the same time.


I feel one of my strengths is being able to keep a level head when I know I am in the midst of a down night. I don't loosen up my starting hand requirements. I don't call people down when I know I'm beat. I try to take it to the next level and still get taken back to the woodshed once in a while. Like last night(down 33BB, 3 hours, a nice negative 11BB/hour)


With that being said, how long will you play knowing you are in one of these bad runs? How much of your bankroll are you comfortable losing knowing you are playing a good game? I gave up after 3 hours because it was 0200a est and I was getting tired and knew it would affect my play. I would be interested to hear any opinions out there because if I can put this in the right perspective, I know my game can get to the next level.


On a completely different subject, I picked up Hot Fuss by The Killers last night.
Very good cover to cover. They are out Las Vegas and have a good retro/alt-rock sound. Got it at Best Buy for $9.99 - how could I go wrong?


I hope everyone playing in this weekend's Semi-finals at Party Poker for the cruise package has good fortune. I am going to try to get in on the next set of semi's in November. Finally, I want to wish everyone a good and safe holiday weekend! Until next post...

Blu

4 Comments:

  • When the edge has dulled and I hit a bad run of cards/sessions, I then make the sessions short. I'll only keep at it if I'm holding at about even and if it's strictly a matter of cold cards. I've seen sessions turn around dramatically with one or two good hands. When it's really dry, I take a few days off!

    By Blogger Maudie, at 5:58 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés, at 4:36 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés, at 4:15 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home