Once in a Blu Moon

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Busy Week

Has poker on TV reached its peak? Its hard to go a day without having some poker to watch on TV and I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. But aside from ESPN's coverage of the 2004 WSOP Main Event, the recent shows have been very disappointing.

Take last night for example. The WPT had their first "Bad Boys of Poker" episode and it was the worst WPT event I have ever seen. I like the idea of giving someone a chance to play 5 pros by way of a contest entry tourney. But I seriously believe the WPT told the pros beforehand to act "bad" and basically put on a show rather than play serious poker. I believe the pros were playing so much looser than they normally do because there was no $$ on the line. I mean Gus calling Antonio's all-in with 108s? When they are the 2 chip leaders? Whatever, only on this show with no $$ involved. It was a waste of time to watch.

The flip side of that coin is Tuesday night's episodes of the WSOP Main Event were very entertaining. I would love to play with Marcel Luske. He is scary good. He post-flop play and reads on people are top notch. Mattias Anderson needs to calm down - that's all I'm going to say about him. Josh Arieh shocked me with both his play and his attitude. I totally had painted a different picture in my mind about how he handles himself going into Tuesday night. Then he berates a very good English player (Harry Demetriou) for going all in with the best hand?! To add insult, Josh sucks out, wins the hand, and capps on Harry like a 16 yr old punk trying to pick a fight. Ridiculous...

Check out The Hendon Mob's Poker Database.
The best source I've seen for player profiles, tournament results - everything. It's freakin huge. I have it linked under my recommended section to the right.

Last night I was playing on Party Poker
(Signup Code Blu) and joined a $7 + 1 sub-qualifier for the Million dollar guaranteed tourney coming up on September 18th. These little one table SNG's are a great deal because 1st place gets a $64+6 entry into a single table qualifier for the main event ($600+40) and 2nd gets a $32+3 entry into a single table SNG qualifier for the Party Poker IV cruise. I got heads up with a guy by level 4 (50/100). The action was crazy from the get go. I just played solid and hit a few big hands and 30 minutes later I'm playing heads up. I had the lead T5800 to T2200 but lost a big hand when he doubled up w/QQ against my AK. I went card dead from there and finished second. I'll take the $32+3 entry any day.

That's all I have - I'm out...

Blu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home