Once in a Blu Moon

Monday, August 23, 2004

My Virgin Post

My first foray into the blogging world. A little background: I am not a writer by any means. I have been told that I type exactly how I speak and for some reason that tends to be unusual? However, I am passionate about my poker and can tell a good story now and again. I would welcome any suggestions for improvement, so please leave me a comment anytime.


Over the weekend I got to play in the 200K Full Tilt tourney. It was a freeroll for me since I got a satellite entry for my initial deposit and won the single table satellite for the $200 +16 fee. 620 people total, 14 or so identified pros - everyone started with T1500 in chips and 20 minutes in, I was at a healthy T2600. My table was playing very conservative, and with no labeled pro's around, I was lobbying for table captain. I finished the first hour with a respectable T3100 above the average of T2500.


I ran into my first setback halfway through hour two and it was a big one. Blinds were 120/240?, I have T3000 and I get [Ac][Kd] in MP. The person to my right makes it T720 to go and I call (mistake?) and everyone folds to the BB who goes all in for T900. We both call and the flop is an ugly [8d][6d][3s]. The person to my right bets the minimum and I call. The turn is the [Jd] - again bets the minimum and I call. The river is the [2d] and I have the King high flush. He checks, I check. He flips over [Ad][Ks] for the Ace high flush to my King high flush and the all-in BB mucks. That hand took me down to T1600 or so and I never recovered, losing my last T700 with [As][7s] to AQ finishing 240/620 (top 63 paid).


I thought I played very well up to that deciding hand but that is how it goes in multi-table tournies. One or two hands make all the difference.


PS - if someone could comment how I can get the heart, club, spade, and diamond icons to come out in my posts, I would greatly appreciate it!






7 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger PokerProf, at 1:54 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger PokerProf, at 1:55 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger PokerProf, at 1:55 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger PokerProf, at 1:57 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger PokerProf, at 1:59 AM  

  • Are you look for the hand converter?
    www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi
    Just plug in the hand history and out comes formatted plug and post content.

    By Blogger PokerProf, at 8:08 AM  

  • Wow! Sorry about that (if you can kill the dups I'd be thankful. Let me explain what I think happened. I wen't to post the comment and got a 500 Internal Server Error and no comment showed, so I tried again, and again (kept getting the 500 error). I guess it WAS picking up the comments... oops.

    Again, sorry about the comment spam. First time this has happened.

    By Blogger PokerProf, at 12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home