Once in a Blu Moon

Monday, August 30, 2004

Alot to catch up on

Be forewarned, this post might be long. I haven't read any other blogs this morning so I am hoping that last night's tourney went off w/o a hitch. I only got to play one 3 hour session on Party Poker splitting time between .50/1 Limit Holdem and .50/1 Omaha and finished up 27BB for a nice 9BB/hour rate. The most interesting hand I had was one I actually lost. I had AQs in MP and raised it preflop - 2 callers - flop came down A 2 4 rainbow and ended up losing to a guy who called my preflop raise with 35o for the flopped wheel straight. My only comment to him was "Please play like that for the rest of the day."


How much do I want to say about the PSI tourney that runs Sunday night on Fox Sports Net? When I first saw the ads, I was very excited, because I wanted to see what kind of moves the professionals would use on each other with the knowledge that there weren't any amateurs at the table. In reality, I find it very hard to watch. I feel like I'm being rushed through the show because FSN needs to have a commercial every 5 minutes. I can't hear what the players are saying to each other because the announcers are constantly talking and their voices supersede the tabletalk. The announcer that is taking Howard Lederer's place in the trio is GOD FREAKIN AWFUL! To top it all off, they split each session over two weeks when they should have just one 2-hour show. Rant over - show blows. So disappointing, so disappointing.


On Saturday I went and saw the movie Hero. For those who don't know, it is a subtitled feature if that bothers you. I found it very easy to follow so don't let it scare you. It was very intense - great action sequences, unreal scenery - colors you have to see to believe. I give it an 8/10 for those of you who like stats. Definitely worth the $$.


On a side note, I heard the worst drunk driving story on the radio coming into work today. Two guys coming home together wasted from the bar - their truck hits a telephone poll and the guy in the passenger seat gets decapitated by the telephone wire as he goes through the windshield. Now the guy driving is so wasted that he doesn't realize what has happened and drives home, parks, and goes inside, leaving the headless body in his car. A man pushing his baby around the following morning sees the car/body in the driveway and calls the police. The driver is being charged with vehicular homicide. Unbelievable!



Blu

2 Comments:

  • I agree about the FOX announcers... they really blow. Without Lederer being the sole voice of reason it's torture to have to listen to those guys.

    And yeah that tourney is edited for TV and you really don't get to see the banter between the world's best players. But I watch anyway!!!

    By Blogger Pauly, at 10:47 AM  

  • Yeah I'm still watching and taping it to boot. When will the madness end? hehe

    By Blogger Blu, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home